Don't knock on Death's door
Ring the bell and run
He hates that

Donnerstag, 8. Juli 2010

Ik hou van mij

Originaltext von Harrie Jekkers
vom holländischen ins englische übersetzt

I Love Me

I love me has never been sung
Nobody ever says "I love me"
But I love what I am about to sing
Because I love me, me alone
And I am for real
I love me because me I can trust
I love me because I can count on me
I love me because I can rely on me
I love me and I am never gonna let myself go
I stay with me
And not for a while
No, I stay with me forever and ever
I am prepared to give my life for myself
I stay with me until death makes me part

I love me

I do say sometimes "I love you, hunny"
And I am for real
But "I love you"
I only say in front of the mirror
This way I love you also ends with me
I love me me me and nobody else
Because I am by far the funniest guy I ever met
For me I dont have to change myself
Because I love me, myself just the way I am

Because "I love you" usually means:

"Hunny, here you have my problems
Solve them!
I live in a hell and I expect heaven from you
You make hell go away
Thanks you very much
But now bugger off"

Because loving another person
You only need because you can't love yourself enough
I love you, makes the other redundant
True love
Believe me
Always starts at yourself
Because "I love you" is not the key to the other
But "I love me"
Although it sounds blunt and evil

Because he who loves himself
Really gives something precious
When he says "I love you" to somebody

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen